BISCO’s Z-PRIME™ PLUS unique combination of two active monomers MDP, a phosphate monomer, and BPDM, a carboxylate monomer gives it a synergistic effect resulting in high bond strengths between indirect zirconia restorative materials and composite resin cements.
Laboratory research proves Shear Bond Strength of 23 Mpa at 2 hours.
Use with DuoLink or other manufacturers adhesives and luting cements. Adding Z-Prime Plus means you will double your bond strength.
Bisco’s Z Prime-Plus is the most stable MDP zirconia primer over time.
Z-Prime Plus has only a 2-micron film thickness. That allows ideal space for your luting material in order to allow adequate seating of crowns, inlays & onlays, bridges and posts.
Z-Prime Plus bonds short zirconia crowns and non-retentive restorations.
How to treat Zirconia:
- Lightly Sandblast with Microetcher at 30-45 psi use 50-micron aluminium oxide. Hold at 1-2cm distance and at a 60o angle for 20 seconds
- Clean & de-contaminate with ZirClean to re-expose the bonding site
- Apply 2 coats of Z-Prime Plus onto Zirconia or metal restoration & dry
- Use D/C Resin Luting cement such as DuoLink
- Prepare tooth surface with All-Bond Universal & manufacturer’s instructions
- Seat restoration
- Do not use phosphoric acid on Zirconia – it takes up the bonding sites
- Do not use Silane on Zirconia - because it acts as a separator
- Do not use combination materials, such as Silane & MDP, this combination degrades faster, and has weaker bond strength (10 Mpa). Silane not only breaks down when in combination with acidic MDP.
Z-Prime Plus comes in a 4 ml bottle with Instructions.
*Bisco, Inc data